Thursday, March 04, 2010

tweaked.

Okay. Part of developing your platform is tweaking it. Sometimes you begin with the big picture and narrow it down. I've narrowed it down.

There is no doubt I love children and I will write 2 children books. But what I have come to realize is that usually what you are already are about... is what you are already about. I write alot about being a mom, a homeschooling mom, a church mom, other kid's "mom".. that has been my life. So while children are a huge part of that (duh, you have to have children to be a mom), that is an extension of what I already write about.


I love helping people. I especially love helping moms. My desire is to help someone through the irrelevant stuff that seems so relevant when you're going through it. And since I've been at this for almost 3 decades, well... here goes.


I am going to write a book about all of it. I do not have the credentials of a 4 year degree. Not even a 2 year degree. I have common sense, a love for God, life, and children. You will not get endless lists of doing, but being. And you won't get it all here since you will have to read my book!


Yes, yet another book on mom stuff. But I am confident it will not be like anything you've read.


After taking an online writing for children course, along with an idea for 2 children books and 1 adult book, I have been struggling with narrowing it all down.


I finally did. Huh. I had the ruby slippers all along. And there's no place like home.

No comments: