Sunday, July 04, 2010

Independence Day


Current events have always been important to me. I have been purposeful in having frequent discussions with my kids in order to nurture care and responsibility regarding their country. I am not overly patriotic, yet, I value America and believe in raising kids to be respectful, responsible citizens. I want them to be thankful for the men who labored over our country's beginnings and those who continued to uphold the founding documents which are currently being assaulted and undermined today.

There are many distractions for our kids. It used to be lots of lessons... swimming, sports, music. Now we have video games, computer, and cell phones to contend with. Moms must be purposeful in managing their kids' time and not forget to include worthwhile pursuits such as discussions of our nation's history and current events.

   Happy Independence Day!



No comments: